Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Splash


This was so fun to create.  I made this for the Cards for Men Challenge 11 - No Paper.  No designer paper that is.  :)  And CS141.
I had just seen this technique and thought I would try it.  Okay, So I took a piece of whisper white and sponged it with tempting turquoise then edged it with the pacific point.  Then I wet my right hand and flicked the paper.  That creates the water spots.  :)  Used wild wasabi then old olive and ran it through the Big Shot for the strip.  The color on the octopus was add when I thoughtlessly layed it down to add the glue.  So, to fix it I spritzed the ink on the mat and lightly dabbed the octopus in it.  Turned out really fun I think.

Happy Tuesday!


The octopus is heat embossed with wild wasabi embossing powder.

Stamps:  Summer Splash, All Holidays
Ink:  tempting turquoise, pacific point, old olive, wild wasabi & black
Paper:  whisper white and old olive
Accessories:  Nestabilities, spots and dots folder

3 comments:

  1. This is cute, i love the bright colours and embossing!

    Thanks for joining us at Cards For Men and we hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fabulous card, love the image its so unusual. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vibrant colours on this card, love the image and how you made your paper. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men with our no DP challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by :)